Former Training Materials
The historical training materials formerly used by the Domiciliary Equipment Service (DES), listed on this page, can be accessed by organisations in the disability and ageing sectors for use in training programs.
The listed materials are available in PowerPoint format, and content can be updated or adapted by the user to suit their own purposes.
DES Training Disclaimer
Please read this disclaimer carefully before using training materials on this page.
The content displayed on this website is the intellectual property of the Department of Human Services (DHS).
Use of the information and data contained within this site or this page is at your sole risk and DHS does not warrant its accuracy, currency or completeness.
All information posted has been used in the past by DHS for educational purposes to train staff within DHS and the broader Community Services sector. All information is provided “as is” and the Government of South Australia:
- Does not make any warranties or representations regarding the quality, accuracy or fitness for purpose of any material.
- Accepts no liability however arising for any loss resulting from the use of the site and any information and data or reliance placed on it.
- Makes no representations, either expressed or implied, as to the suitability of the said information and data for any particular purpose.
To assist information users to understand the currency of the material, each document includes a “last updated” date and may be subject to change without notice.
List of available training materials:
- Bed Prescription Series – Session 1, Assessing and Prescribing Adjustable Beds – REFRESHER SESSION
- Bed Prescription Series – Session 2, Entrapment, bed rails and bed sticks (theory)
- Bed Prescription Series – Session 3, Assessing Entrapment Zones with Standardised Tool
- Bed Prescription Series – Session 2 and 3 COMBINED
- Home Modification Series – A Builder’s View
- Home Modification Series – Day 1
- Home Modification Series – Day 2
- Home Modification Series – Electrical Safety and Bathroom Design
- Legal Responsibilities of Equipment Prescription
- Management of the Bariatric Client
- Pressure Injury Prevention Series – Cushions
- Pressure Injury Prevention Series - Mattresses
- Wheelchair and Seating Series – Session 1, Prescribing and Adjusting Manual Wheelchairs
- Wheelchair and Seating Series – Session 2, Assessing Capacity and Training in use of PMA
- Wheelchair and Seating Series – Session 3, Prescribing and Adjusting Powered Wheelchairs
- Wheelchair and Seating Series – Session 4, Assessing Posture and Prescribing Seating – Level 1
- Wheelchair and Seating Series – Session 5, Assessing Posture and Prescribing Seating – Level 2
- Wheelchair and Seating Series – Session 6, REFRESHER Prescribing and Adjusting Manual Wheelchairs
How to access the training materials
If you would like to access any of these training materials, please email us.
In your email, please state:
- which of the materials you are interested in.
- your name, position title, and organisation.
- contact details.
The DHS Equipment Program will respond as promptly as possible to your enquiry.