- Advanced Palliative Equipment Response
- Disability Aged Clients and Customised Mobility
- Adults with Chronic Conditions (ACC)
- Approved disciplines as assessors
- Documents supporting equipment selection
- Documents supporting home modification selection
- Delivery and Installation
- Collections and Returns
- Transferring Equipment Ownership
- Terms and Conditions, Privacy, Rights and Responsibilities
- Glossary of Common Terms
Equipment and home modifications are ordered and supplied in multiple ways. This depends on the item or home modification type and which organisation the prescriber is from. All equipment and home modification requests must be documented either online or via a paper prescription form.
Online Equipment Catalogue
The Equipment Program sources many equipment items for clients through not-for-profit Assistive Technology provider, ALTER.
You can select equipment items via the ALTER online catalogue, which displays a broad range of quality equipment that is readily available in their warehouse.
Commonly prescribed equipment items are normally available for immediate supply. Occasional supply issues may be substituted with another item in the instance that the exact item is unavailable. The substitute supplied may differ slightly to the item pictured on the catalogue, however will have no impact on the intended purpose of the product. If the only item available is significantly different, then a staff member will contact the prescriber to confirm suitability.
Prescription and Request Forms
Equipment needs to be ordered using a prescription form. Select the correct form, depending on the funding that is being used and the category of the item.
- Equipment Request Form - DHS Equipment Program (DOCX 86.8 KB)
- Home Modification Request and Agreement Form - DHS Equipment Program (DOCX 67.1 KB)
Category 2 items also require:
- Delegate approval form
- Risk Rating and Priority Scoring Form OR Priority Scoring Communication and Assistive Technology.
Additional forms (for example, screening tool, specification form) may also be required for more complex prescriptions. This enables the appropriate item to be provided to meet the person’s needs.
All prescription and request forms can be faxed to 1300 295 839 or emailed to DHSEquipmentProgram@sa.gov.au.
Supply of Equipment
Supply of Equipment
Commonly prescribed equipment items are available including both loan items (suitable for reissue once returned) and consumable items (single use).
Equipment types include:
- shower chairs
- toileting equipment
- hospital beds
- ambulant mobility aids
- basic wheelchairs
- small aids.
This equipment is generally available for issue once the appropriate order has been received.
Once all relevant approvals have been met and the correct paperwork has been received, available items will be dispatched immediately. If the item is unable to be immediately provided from the warehouse, the item will be placed on “back-order” and the assessor/client notified.