- Advanced Palliative Equipment Response
- Disability Aged Clients and Customised Mobility
- Adults with Chronic Conditions (ACC)
- Approved disciplines as assessors
- Documents supporting equipment selection
- Documents supporting home modification selection
- Delivery and Installation
- Collections and Returns
- Transferring Equipment Ownership
- Terms and Conditions, Privacy, Rights and Responsibilities
- Glossary of Common Terms
Advanced Palliative Equipment Response
The Advanced Palliative Equipment Response (APER) is available for people who:
- Live in Metropolitan Adelaide (Equipment Supply Suburb Listing for Metropolitan Adelaide (DOCX 132.1 KB))
- Are registered and an active client of a community palliative service (SA Health Specialist Palliative Care Service)
- Are in the terminal/end stages of their illness as agreed by the palliative service (expected to require services for less than 16 weeks)
- Require a rapid equipment response due to the deteriorating nature of their condition
- Are unable to access equipment through other funding sources in a timely manner.
Referring to the APER Stream
Before requesting equipment through APER, please ensure all other funding sources have been exhausted.
Equipment Program staff may ask for an updated registration form if circumstances have changed, in a way that affects eligibility.
Requesting Equipment or Home Modifications
Please complete and return the related form to us:
- Equipment Request Form – Equipment Program (DOCX 125.7 KB)
- Home Modification Request and Agreement Form – Equipment Program (DOCX 93.0 KB)
If a follow-up check of the equipment or home modification cannot be done once installed, please indicate this on the request form. Equipment Program staff will coordinate a follow-up check by an occupational therapist or physiotherapist.
Other funding options:
People under 65 years should consider a referral to Adults with Chronic Conditions (ACC) via RDNS. Phone 1300 295 673.
People 65 years and over should contact My Aged Care. Phone 1800 200 422.
More information about access to Adults with Chronic Conditions and My Aged Care can be found in FAQ document.
Requesting Electric Beds
Bed requests must be submitted with a Checklist for the Prescription of Electric Beds for APER clients (DOCX 344.2 KB)
If more information or assessment is needed, Equipment Program staff will contact the local health networks who made the request, if necessary, they may have a qualified allied health clinician make a further assessment.
Requesting an Allied Health Assessment for equipment or home modifications
If an assessment is needed to determine equipment or home modification needs, please complete and return this form to us.
Mobility assessments must be completed by a physiotherapist.
After we provide equipment there is follow-up to ensure that the item meets the need and purpose and can be used appropriately and safely.
A follow-up may be done by phone or in person depending on the item.