- Advanced Palliative Equipment Response
- Disability Aged Clients and Customised Mobility
- Adults with Chronic Conditions (ACC)
- Approved disciplines as assessors
- Documents supporting equipment selection
- Documents supporting home modification selection
- Delivery and Installation
- Collections and Returns
- Transferring Equipment Ownership
- Terms and Conditions, Privacy, Rights and Responsibilities
- Glossary of Common Terms
The Wigs stream is available for people who:
- Are aged 18 years or older.
- Live in Metropolitan Adelaide Suburb Listing for Metropolitan Adelaide (DOCX 132.1 KB)
- Have permanent hair loss as a result of treatment for a major illness (for example alopecia or oncology) as confirmed by a General Practitioner.
- Were issued a wig at least 12 months prior from the acute care service provider.
- Have not received funding from the Equipment Program for a synthetic wig in the past 12 months, or a human hair wig in the past 5 years.
Eligible people are able to receive funding towards either a synthetic or human hair wig through an approved supplier.
- Synthetic wigs will be replaced no more than annually.
- A human hair wig will be replaced no more than every 5 years.
Assessment and Ordering
Any request for a wig must be assessed by a General Practitioner or suitably qualified Specialist (such as Dermatologist or Oncologist) who will submit the wig request form to the Equipment Program.
Selecting a wig
Consider the eligibility timeframes and maintenance requirements when making a decision about the type of wig chosen. Speak with the supplier about the frequency of maintenance needed for a wig and the cost involved.
More information about alopecia can be found on the
Provide fitting and follow-up as part of their service. Offer a warranty period of no less than 12 months.
Follow up and Review
Wig suppliers must offer follow up as part of their service to be considered an approved supplier for the Equipment Program.
Follow-up is necessary to ensure that the wig meets the person’s needs and can be used appropriately.